Technology stamped wall
Conditions of performance of works
Works are performed in dry weather at an average daily temperature not lower than +5 C. It is not recommended to carry out works under open sunshine if temperature higher than +30 C, and also at strong wind.
2. Preparation of the basis
The basis for the DOMASK decorative color plaster can the brick, gas-, foam- slag stones, concrete, plaster, OSB, CBPB, PAU (polyfoam), a front heater, extruded expanded stamped forms.
- clear the basis from dirt and dust
- if old plaster forms the basis it is better to dismantle it; if there is no such opportunity, then tighten it with a metal front gauze, having fixed the gauze directly to a wall
- clean everything that exfoliates
- all cracks, hollows and other defects shall be padded and filled with cement and sand solution
3. The making of the reinforcing layer
- prepare glue for a heater and fibreglass mesh (the recommended proportion: for 1 kg of dry mix of 230-250 g of water) mix with the mixer to homogeneous mass, set aside for 5-7 minutes, then repeat mixing
- ground a surface with primer acrylic if the basis is firm (concrete, brick, gas- foam- blocks, etc.)
- put glue structure of 2-3 mm, using the palette
- paste fibreglass mesh on the padded structure to
- after drying of glue structure, in 1-2 hours, process a surface with an acrylic primer, then it is possible to put the main decorative layer
- if the basis is porous, firm (brick, concrete, blocks) and thickness of a decorative layer does not exceed 10-12 mm, then fibreglass mesh can be "drowned" directly into a decorative layer without glue, previously having padded the basis
- if the basis is not firm (a heater, PAU, extruded expanded polystyrene), then putting a decorative layer is recommended to perform the next day, after complete drying of glue
- if OSB or CBPB forms the basis, then in addition it is required to fix a gauze by metal brackets by means of the industrial stapler
4. Putting a color decorative layer
- prepare color plaster solution (the recommended proportion: for 1 kg of dry mix of 225-240 g of water) mix with the mixer to homogeneous mass, set aside for 5-7 minutes, then repeat mixing
- evenly apply color decorative plaster of the necessary thickness by means of the smoothing hammer or the palette (from 5 to 40 mm depending on depth of pattern)
- smooth a plaster layer by means of the smoothing hammer to a smooth, glossy form
5. Putting disconnector
Basic function of the disconnector - is to separate the decorative color layer from a textural form, so that printed form did not stick. There are two types of disconnector - dry color and liquid transparent. The dry disconnector gives a complementary color of a surface, remaining in deepenings, seams, to create the effect of "aging" and "blackening", but demands washing after drying and raises dust when mounting, which is not always admissible during the work inside. The transparent disconnector serves only for separation of layers, after its application additional painting of seams, patinas, deepenings is required.
Putting the dry color disconnector
- Sputter the dry color disconnector on a surface of newly-laid solution in a uniform layer by means of a brush, without adjoining to a surface, so that there were no gleams
Putting the liquid disconnector
- just before printed, apply the liquid disconnector by means of the sprayer on newly-laid solution on the area no more than 2 sq.m and on a textural form
- printed of pattern happens most quickly, right after putting the disconnector by means of textural forms, by caving-in or patting the form with a hand on all its area; if pattern did not imprint - repeat action
- 2-3 hours later after drying, finish the surface by means of improvised tools, by a reverse side of a brush or a special floor saw, clear away the flows, small shrinkable cracks if such appeared after printed, add depth of seams, etc.
Washing is required only after use of the dry disconnector to clean excesses.
- it is necessary to wash a surface from the disconnector in 1-2 days of solidification of solution, depending on ambient temperature
- by means of a tough brush the surface is washed to a desirable shade (if necessary use 3% solution of hydrochloric acid)
8. Putting a finishing layer
The finishing covering is intended for protection of a surface against moisture, wear and an ultraviolet, and also giving of additional decorative properties. Depending on what effect is necessary, the "opaque" surface or "gloss", either acrylic impregnation or a varnish for concrete and a stone respectively is selected.
- the surface should be clean, dry and not hot
- evenly put acrylic impregnation or a varnish for concrete and a stone by means of a brush, the roller or the sprayer (Consumption of 150-200 g on 1 sq.m)